- “Local breeds only give, they don’t take” – Interview with Dra. Maria Rosa Lanari
- Community Protocols: “Giving livestock back its soul”
- Pastoralists and India’s Biological Diversity Act
- Livestock: The good, the bad, the ugly!
- Pastoralists of the World, speak up – and prepare your Biocultural Community Protocols!
- Somalis, droughts, and women power: Impressions from Kenya’s thriving camel sector
- Old World Camels in the New World
- Registering Rajasthan’s Camel Herds: Laying the Foundation for Ethical Dairying
‘Cross of the Order of Merit’ on Dr. Köhler-Rollefson
The German Ambassador to India, Dr. Martin Ney, conferred the prestigious German ‘Cross of the Order of Merit’, on Dr. Ilse Köhler-Rollefson at the German Embassy on 16th May.Read more: https://india.diplo.de/
Nari Shakti Award 2016 for Dr. Ilse Köhler-RollefsonWe are pleased to announce that Dr. Ilse Köhler-Rollefson has been honoured with the Nari Shakti (Women Power) Award by the President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee, for her more than 25 years of engagement and research with the Raika pastoralist community. As only foreigner, she received the prize in a ceremony held on 8th of March, International World Women’s Day, in the Rashtrapati Bhavan in New-Delhi. Together with the 31 other awardees she also had the opportunity to interact with the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi on 9th March.
CAMEL KARMA: TWENTY YEARS AMONG INDIA’S CAMEL NOMADS
Tag Archives: ABS
Recently I had the pleasure and privilege to participate in, and co-moderate, with my old friend Dr. Jacob Wanyama a workshop entitled “Making Access and Benefit-Sharing work for Africa’s Animal Genetic Resources”. It was organized by the African Union’s Interregional … Continue reading
I’m here in Rome for the 7th Session of the Intergovernmental Technical Working Group on Animal Genetic Resources. Agenda-items include the preparation of the second report on the state of the world’s animal genetic resources, the role of small-scale livestock … Continue reading