- Rajasthan’s unique and caring camel culture is on its deathbed….but we can still save it!
- This is for you, pastoralists!
- Camel Milk Alchemy: Nature’s Antidote for Urban Lifestyles
- The EAT- Lancet Report, pastoralism and artificial meat
- A brief encounter with the camel culture of Saudi Arabia – and how camels replaced cattle during climate change some 5000 years ago
- Out of Australia (2): Camel dairying – a kinder approach to milk production?
- Out of Australia (1): On the tracks of the Afghan Cameleers
- Vegetarianism/veganism not an option for people living in non-arable areas!
‘Cross of the Order of Merit’ on Dr. Köhler-Rollefson
The German Ambassador to India, Dr. Martin Ney, conferred the prestigious German ‘Cross of the Order of Merit’, on Dr. Ilse Köhler-Rollefson at the German Embassy on 16th May.Read more: https://india.diplo.de/
Nari Shakti Award 2016 for Dr. Ilse Köhler-RollefsonWe are pleased to announce that Dr. Ilse Köhler-Rollefson has been honoured with the Nari Shakti (Women Power) Award by the President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee, for her more than 25 years of engagement and research with the Raika pastoralist community. As only foreigner, she received the prize in a ceremony held on 8th of March, International World Women’s Day, in the Rashtrapati Bhavan in New-Delhi. Together with the 31 other awardees she also had the opportunity to interact with the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi on 9th March.
CAMEL KARMA: TWENTY YEARS AMONG INDIA’S CAMEL NOMADS
Tag Archives: animal genetic resources
Recently I had the pleasure and privilege to participate in, and co-moderate, with my old friend Dr. Jacob Wanyama a workshop entitled “Making Access and Benefit-Sharing work for Africa’s Animal Genetic Resources”. It was organized by the African Union’s Interregional … Continue reading