- Pastoralists and India’s Biological Diversity Act
- Livestock: The good, the bad, the ugly!
- Pastoralists of the World, speak up – and prepare your Biocultural Community Protocols!
- Somalis, droughts, and women power: Impressions from Kenya’s thriving camel sector
- Old World Camels in the New World
- Registering Rajasthan’s Camel Herds: Laying the Foundation for Ethical Dairying
- Pigs, Power and Profit: Reading Pig tales by Barry Estabrook
- Love of Bulls in Tamil Nadu
Nari Shakti Award 2016 for Dr. Ilse Köhler-RollefsonWe are pleased to announce that Dr. Ilse Köhler-Rollefson has been honoured with the Nari Shakti (Women Power) Award by the President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee, for her more than 25 years of engagement and research with the Raika pastoralist community. As only foreigner, she received the prize in a ceremony held on 8th of March, International World Women’s Day, in the Rashtrapati Bhavan in New-Delhi. Together with the 31 other awardees she also had the opportunity to interact with the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi on 9th March.
CAMEL KARMA: TWENTY YEARS AMONG INDIA’S CAMEL NOMADS
Tag Archives: FAO
How can livestock become sustainable? Impressions from the 6th Meeting of the Global Agenda for Sustainable Livestock
The 6th meeting of the Multistakeholder Partnership of the Global Agenda for Sustanbale Livestock took place in Panama from 20-23 June, just before the new locks of the Panama Canal were inaugurated. On the surface, the two events may not … Continue reading
Its official: The report of the 7th Session of the Intergovernmental Technical Working group on Animal Genetic Resources (ITWG-AnGR) that was just concluded makes reference to “the need to consider community protocols in relation to access to traditional knowledge associated … Continue reading