- This is for you, pastoralists!
- Camel Milk Alchemy: Nature’s Antidote for Urban Lifestyles
- The EAT- Lancet Report, pastoralism and artificial meat
- A brief encounter with the camel culture of Saudi Arabia – and how camels replaced cattle during climate change some 5000 years ago
- Out of Australia (2): Camel dairying – a kinder approach to milk production?
- Out of Australia (1): On the tracks of the Afghan Cameleers
- Vegetarianism/veganism not an option for people living in non-arable areas!
- “Local breeds only give, they don’t take” – Interview with Dra. Maria Rosa Lanari
‘Cross of the Order of Merit’ on Dr. Köhler-Rollefson
The German Ambassador to India, Dr. Martin Ney, conferred the prestigious German ‘Cross of the Order of Merit’, on Dr. Ilse Köhler-Rollefson at the German Embassy on 16th May.Read more: https://india.diplo.de/
Nari Shakti Award 2016 for Dr. Ilse Köhler-RollefsonWe are pleased to announce that Dr. Ilse Köhler-Rollefson has been honoured with the Nari Shakti (Women Power) Award by the President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee, for her more than 25 years of engagement and research with the Raika pastoralist community. As only foreigner, she received the prize in a ceremony held on 8th of March, International World Women’s Day, in the Rashtrapati Bhavan in New-Delhi. Together with the 31 other awardees she also had the opportunity to interact with the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi on 9th March.
CAMEL KARMA: TWENTY YEARS AMONG INDIA’S CAMEL NOMADS
Category Archives: research
An article entitled Reducing food’s environmental impacts through producers and consumers just published in Science magazine and widely broadcasted by The Guardian and The Independent newspapers is making some startling claims. For this monumental meta-study, the authors J. Poore and … Continue reading
Spending most of my time with pastoralists, I don’t often have to do with pigs, although there are exceptions. I had the good fortune to meet the pig nomads of Odisha due to my friend Dr. Balaram Sahu who runs … Continue reading
Locally adapted livestock breeds are a key resource for adapting to climate change. This is brought home by a recently initiated action research project of Lokhit Pashu-Palak Sansthan (LPPS) that documents and seeks to save an as yet unregistered sheep … Continue reading
“Better lives through livestock” is the motto of ILRI, the International Livestock Rsearch Institute which recently brought out its second 10 Year Strategy for the period from 2013-2022. This new strategy is much superior to the previous one, as it … Continue reading